I watched The Perks of Being A Wallflower tonight. It was incredible! Of course, the book was better than the movie, but they did an incredible job of putting it together as a film.
Anyways, I always think about my life. Where it is going, where it is now, and where it started. Yes, I have made it this far and I have done amazing things for myself. I have experienced having a relationship, having good friends, having bad friends, going for a career, getting lost in that career, starting at a dead-end job, living on my own, and moving back in with my parents and then going to college. I did all of that before reaching the age 18. I'd say that is a lot to accomplish in 18 years.
However, I cannot help but wonder, sometimes jokingly and sometimes not, if those harsh words said to me just in a joking manner are actually true. Am I really so dumb that I deserve to be called a dumbass all the time? Am I really going to be alone for the rest of my life? Am I really going to be looked over and unnoticed for the rest of my life? Will I always be that girl who everyone says is beautiful and doesn't understand why I have only had one boyfriend, but nobody really means it?
Be careful what you say to people... It sticks with them for life, even if you are just trying to be funny to fit in with a group. Words last forever, so don't leave someone thinking as I have just done. Be kind and loving because you might just save someone's life. Whether that be the point of view they have on their life or someone who is suicidal. (I am not suicidal by the way, just wanted to make that clear)
Lead a happy and loving life and spread that to others in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment